So many things become clear after a little sleep…
Lessons Learned From Last Night’s Dinner:
- Wax Paper is NOT a good substitute for Parchment Paper. (Filed under Really Good Stuff to Know)
- Wax Paper, in fact, will adhere remarkably well to the bottom of gluten free pizza crust, better than modge podge…not that I’ve tried modge-podging pizza crust…anyway….
- If you are hungry enough, bits of wax paper on your food aren’t all that bad. The texture is like…eating paper, but if there’s any flavor it’s totally covered by the pizza flavor.
- I NEVER get to complain about my kids being picky eaters again. Any child who will stand around the stove with me and chisel pizza lumps off of wax paper for dinner and NOT even complain, is my hero.
- When the baby is sick and will not even let you set her down without screaming, maybe it’s not the best time for pizza, no matter how much above mentioned children want it. Maybe that’s the time for a super simple dinner. This, perhaps, should have been learned long ago, but parenting, (for me at least) seems to be a matter or spiraling around past mistakes to get a better look at them the second (or third or fourth)time before MAYBE remembering the lesson.
Tonight we are having baked chicken. No wax paper will be involved. From here on out I think the wax paper should live in the craft room. It has proven itself unworthy of kitchen duty.