If we wish to live with intention in the shimmering wigglyness of life with young children, we must pause from time to time to reassess. Yesterday a couple friends and I had a homeschooling retreat- just a few hours to get centered again. Amidst the questions we talked about, were some that dealt specifically with intention. Feel free to use them to think about, write about, see what ideas they unearth. I suggest going through these quickly at first and writing down whatever comes to mind, then going back and delving into the ones that sparked more for you. Your answers can help shape the life you want with your kids.
- Three to five words you would like to describe your children as adults.
- Three to five words you would like for your children to use to describe their childhood.
- What are you feeling guilty about? Is it something you want to do something about or let go?
- Where are your children developmentally with emotions, self control, etc? What is developmentally appropriate for them?
- What are the basics of your routine? Best times of day for meals, energy, focus, downtime, exercise etc.
- Three to five words to describe the feeling you aspire to in your home.
- At a gut level I know the most important thing for my kids is…
What other questions help you find direction? Let me know in the comments. Best wishes today on living out your intentions.