In the fall when my crew and I go walking, we can’t pass an oak tree without pocketing a few of the acorns scattered in our path. These autumn treasures certainly seemed to be calling to be included in a fall craft for the kids.
For this fall craft, I’m using glue kindly sent by Aleene’s glues and adhesives. I always like having a bottle of their all-purpose Tacky Glue around for easy crafts like this. It is currently the white glue in our Basic Crafts Kit which I’ve put together to make it easier to say yes to doing craft projects.
Autumn has a glow to it – sun shining on golden leaves, orange pumpkins and rosy apples. Make these candles and celebrate the autumn light.
Acorn Candle Holders
- Acorns (enough to go around your candle 15-20 if you want spares)
1. Trace your candle on a piece of cardboard.
2. Cut around your candle shape leaving about 3/4 inches – you want space to glue on the acorns.
3. Glue your acorn caps onto your acorns – we had fun using Aleene’s glue dots for this purpose. Dots of white glue would work fine too.
4. Put a ring of glue on your cardboard.
5. Set your candle in the middle to keep spacing correct, then glue your acorns down. We used a pretty thick line of glue and let it dry a long time so the acorns would stay put.
Enjoy the Autumn Glow
Other fun ideas:
- Let your child paint or glitter the acorns
- Add other autumn treasures like seeds or twigs to the candle holder
- Light your candle at dinner and ask what everyone is thankful for today.
Find fall craft projects and more Aleene’s glue ideas at the I Love to Create website, or follow I Love to Create on your favorite social media site:
You can read my post disclosure here.
Bloggers are posting fall craft activities through October – this linky will be filling up with fun activities, have fun taking a look around!