One year to simplify, innovate and create.
Take the No Spend Crafts Year Challenge with me!
Do you have an abundance of craft supplies that you never use? Do you want to use some of the cute supplies that are just gathering dust? Join the no spend crafts year challenge. We’ll have fun and get creative!
Goals of the No-Spend Craft year?
- Simplify- we want to stop adding to our to-do list and start using the supplies we have.
- Innovate- By limiting ourselves we are forced to be creative and come up with new ideas and solutions
- Create- Lets stop letting our fabric molder in a drawer! Lets use the adorable scrap-booking paper we found half off, let’s make thing with all this fun stuff we have!!
- Be thrifty
The No-Spend Crafts Year Rules*
*take “rules” with a grain of salt. I am not sending out no-spend-crafts police. It’s the spirit of the challenge we’re after, not the nitty gritty details.
- Don’t buy craft supplies (simple enough, right?)
- Use what you’ve got; in your craft cupboards, in your recycle bin
- If you don’t love things you’ve got: get rid of them. Donate or toss supplies you will never use.
- If you need a craft supply, consider whether you can borrow it, buy it at a thrift store or garage sale or repurpose something you already have before buying new.
The deal is: You know what you need to do. Some of us will need to buy a pattern or a book. Some of us *really* could go the rest of our lives and still not read all the craft books we own- you know your own situation, so put limits where you need them!
We’ll have challenges and ideas all year. I already have a couple guest posts lined up by some of my favorite crafty/thrifty bloggers! Sign up for the newsletter to make sure you don’t miss those!
Let me know you’re up for the challenge by commenting below and answering this question:
Which craft supply do you have a ridiculous amount of? (My answer would be vintage fabric, felted sweaters and zippers…)