Stop the Yelling!
If you’d like to stop yelling at your kids, these resources are for you. You are not alone – many of us struggle with the yelling habit.
I hope the books and links on this page help you find the tools you need to bring some more peace to your home. I will update this page as I find and review good books and classes. Let me know if there is a resource you think belongs here.
Joyful Parenting Newsletter – This is the email subscription to Creative With Kids Receive links to simple connection ideas and parenting inspiration. You’ll also get notification of free positive parenting webinars hosted by CWK and Positive Parenting Solutions each quarter.
The Orange Rhino – Fantastic site all about a mom’s journey to stop yelling. Lots of alternatives to yelling.
What can you do to stop yelling in the moment?
- How to STOP a Mama Tantrum
- Dealing with Parenting Rage – A few strategies for those moments when you can’t pass the parenting to another adult.
- Relationship Survival Mode - Keep your connection with your child intact when the situation gets tense.
- What To Do When Being Mom Makes You Feel Mean – Tips From 10 Moms
How can you prevent yelling?
- Getting out of the Yelling Cycle – The day I realized I was bullying my kids and how I turned it around.
- Take Care of Yourself – It’s critical to do self care, here are ways to take care of you.
- Learn Your Anger Triggers - We often forget that simple things can cause us background stress. Is this why you’re yelling?
- Letting go of Parenting Guilt – How do you move forward from a mistake?
Below I’ve listed a handful of my favorite books. To find a more complete listing including books on parenting an intense child, sibling rivalry and more go to:
|The back of this book has sections which list behaviors and how to respond to them. Make sure to get the updated edition in which they no longer support spanking.||Gives you the framework to understand your child’s most frustrating behaviors and learn how to help them be successful and fun to live with instead.||An entire parenting course in a book – Ten Tools for positive guidance that will help you find solutions for any parenting challenges.||Since I’ve started using Amy’s tools my kids are fighting less and I’m feeling more empowered and much less angry. She also has a video course I highly recommend.|